This blog is not really a tutorial blog. I create without a method. It is a blog to inspire you to create beautiful things. Hope it will. When visiting please leave a comment It would be appreciated...

Marie Antoinette Fabric Journal

This journal is all fabric.  It is a 5x5,. I cut strips of  fabric 6x12 to give me room to sew the pages together. What I did was I sandwiched inbetween sage green fabric a strip of felt and sewd the edges. I overlapped some pages with organza fabric and lace of all types like Venise, Cluny and velvet ribbon. I then added Ironed on images of Marie, cake,roses,eiffel tower and dressform.  I then finished it of with pieces of jewelry I have found at thrift shops like earings,brooches and necklaces.  Also some buttons here and there. Hope you like my project. I took lots of pix so that you can appreciate in detail of what I did. I also uploaded a video in YouTube.












































13 comments:

scrappygal said...

Gooooorgeous!!! And you have Marie pics I don't have!

Holly Young said...

absolutely nothing less than STUNNING and JAW DROPPING could describe it!!!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Be still my achy breaky heart! LOVE IT...Absolutely beautiful my talented friend. WOW!

Love to you~

Rebecca

Jude said...

OH MY GIDDY AUNT!!!!! Martica, I LOVE IT< U have INSPIRED ME GIRL MAKE ONE, gosh u and I have a lot in common, Just beautifull, you have ROCKED THIS ONE FOR SURE GIRL!!!!

Aroha Mai
XX :-)J

Unknown said...

You did a great job and it looks like you really had fun creating this project! Hugs Marilou

Sandy said...

WOW!! Martica that album is just stunning!! You've done a fabulous job!!

hilde janbroers said...

amazing!!! love it all!!

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Martica, this is absolutely drop dead gorgeous!!!! You have really outdone yourself this time. So many magnificent details and all that gorgeous lace and trims. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!Hugs...Mona

Vintage Precious said...

Just Lovely! Love the Marie Antoinette theme. Gorgeous work with laces, pinks & greens.

Anonymous said...

LOVELY! I only wish I had something so beautiful! I found your blog on scrapbook.com and I am now following it. I look forward to visiting often!

Rella said...

You did Melanie's journal design proud! When I first saw it on MAMA I almost thought it WAS Melanie's! Beautiful fabrics and laces. Such a lovely keepsake.

Nora said...

Oh wow! That is so beautiful!

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Absolutely fabulous. I came across your video about this journal on Youtube and had to come a visit. Love your blog and your work, I'll definately be back, thank you so much for sharing :)