This blog is not really a tutorial blog. I create without a method. It is a blog to inspire you to create beautiful things. Hope it will. When visiting please leave a comment It would be appreciated...

Altered Cigar Box For Swap

This cigar box I did for a swap I joined in "Mini Album Scraps" .  The person I got as my pal is Janice she told me her scrapbook room is in the black, creme and red colors so I decided to do it in those colors.   I used the "Le Creme" paper and paper flowers.  The swap consisted in an altered cigar box, one hand made item and $20 worth of goodies.   I had great fun creating this box. I hope she likes it.
The red bow is from my Valentine gift I got from hubby below.  The bow was so pretty I decided to recycle.

I added feet to bottom of box to give it a more complete look.  I did forget to paint bottom of box hope she does not mind.

I first painted the box then I used the "Le Creme" paper to cover.
The metal embellies says" Do What You Love"

Here is the bow I got from my Valentines gift I thought it was so pretty, hope she does not mind. 

I added this image from my image stash because unfortunately my printer is not working so I had to use an image that I already had printed out in the past.

Here is a side view 

These are tags I made to hold lace. 

This pocket is a CD envelope I had gotten from a friend a long time ago. I thought she can store love notes from her hubby in it.  I was going to add her name in the boxed space but decided not to just in case she wants to give box away in the future. The ribbon is the same one I used to the outside of box.

The tag that is sticking out of CD pocket is my handmade item.

Detailed picture of lace.

Here is the goodies I have for her.  Hope she likes it.   It includes rub-ons, metal embellies, lace, vellum mini envelopes, brads, paper doilies from Martha Stewart, flower iron-on appliques and little journal notes. 

Close up view

I covered the bottom with glitter paper

More close-up views


Here is the whole kit and kabootle.....
Janice I hope you like it...?

4 comments:

Lori said...

Martica, this is a gorgeous box! Janice will love it. And, the goodies are fantastic as well! Love the envie idea on the inside of the lid. TFS

Krafthead said...

This is beautifully done! I really need to get busy altering some of these. Thanks for the inspiration~

Holly Young said...

simply gorgeous!!!!!!

- - Sheryl - - said...

very pretty and vibrant box