This blog is not really a tutorial blog. I create without a method. It is a blog to inspire you to create beautiful things. Hope it will. When visiting please leave a comment It would be appreciated...

My Shabby Chic Curio...(before and after)..Sold

Here is a shabby chic curio I found months ago at my GoodWill Store.  I had it in a corner collecting dust. Well I finally altered it..... Come take a look at a before and after look.....





Below is a view of it altered...
How much would you pay for this....?

I painted it in white and added paper to it "London Market" paper then as you can see I added pearls, flowers and lace.

Here is an angel I think I bought it from MsGardenGrove1's store.
Some of the flowers are from IAMRoses.  The glove is from a oriental store in my neighborhood. 

I added large clear beads to drawer and doors. 

Here is another view.


Here I added some trim to doors because the paper is too plain. I then added little rosebuds and bows from Walmart.


This was the fun part.  I made the little bottles from beads.  I added a teddybear and small parasol which opens up. The little hat I got from a tiny scarecrow I had lying around I added ribbon and flowers to it.  Oh a couple of buttons. I glued everything down so that it won't go missing.

Here is a close up look.....Isn't the teddy cute?

Notice the victorian shoes and hat image in the background.

The umbrella is made out of lace and plastic.


Hope you all enjoyed this.....I sure loved making it. 

Side view.


Almost forgot to show you all the opened drawer.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha,
It is simply beautiful.

It is always so detailed and so many hours you put into your work.

All your embellishments and Teddy bear.

I adore it.

I do not think there is anything you cannot do.


Have a great weekend. Are you in line of storm Sandy? We are.

May the Lord keep us all safe.Who are in arms way.

Sara said...

Hermoooooosooooooo!!!

laceyKat said...

How much you selling this for, Martica??