This blog is not really a tutorial blog. I create without a method. It is a blog to inspire you to create beautiful things. Hope it will. When visiting please leave a comment It would be appreciated...

Sea Fairy Dress Form

I know I just can't stop altering dress forms...... I love it......I bought dress form in Michaels they are made of wood. I have a pic of what it looks like in my blog.  Here I tried doing my take on a Sea Fairy, I was almost going to do a polluted type fairy, you know a dress form with trash on it but I changed my mind.  I wanted to create something pretty. I hope I accomplished it......Let me know what you think.  What I did was painted the dress form in aqua color, I used 4 different types of fabric sheer aqua and blue with sparkle I wanted it to appear like it was droplets of water, I then used shimmery fabric in green and aqua I wanted the wet effect.  Then I used burlap in brown and lt. green, shiny fabric in brown and purple and fish netting too. I added a little moss to give it a seaweed effect, I cut the fabrics in strips glued them to fish netting then to dress form.  I gathered at the bottom and tied with string.  I then cut out a corset for top of dress form and glued it to wood....Then the actual fun started.  I added sea shells, starfish, flowers, and charms  on the fishnetting that was loosely hanging from dress.  I wanted the impression that it was caught in fish net.  I added wings  with tranparent paper which I cut and spread stickles onto it.  I used my embossing tool to dry stickles to wings and it warped the transparent paper which I liked.  I also added clear pebbles throughout skirt, they look like drops of water.   Well thats about it.  Hope you all like it.....



                                                                                                           







8 comments:

emilysnan said...

hiya , i love what you did with the form it is sooo whimsical looking i love it x is the form something you bought out die cut yourself i would love to try one but have not sen these forms anywhere x tfs
xmaggiex

Artfully Musing said...

This is wonderful. Great job. Laura

Unknown said...

gorgeous detail, lovely project!

Sarah x

Lori Comeau said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I'm now a follower of yours. I love your project. I have never seen anything like it. I love the theme to it as well.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Gina K said...

You are the queen of altering things. This turned out really cool!!!

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Just beautiful, any sea fairy would be proud to wear your creation :)

ms.schwiet said...

Creative and beautiful m

Tracey said...

This is beautiful, I love all the details :)
Hugs
Tracey
x