This blog is not really a tutorial blog. I create without a method. It is a blog to inspire you to create beautiful things. Hope it will. When visiting please leave a comment It would be appreciated...

Smash Book.......?

Well ladies I bought a smash book, now what.   Ok you might be wondering what it is, well me too.....  Its a book with cute pages to write in and add pictures and other things that might mean something special.   To me its like a journal, album and art book in one.
I used to keep a journal years and years ago (stone age) and one day we moved and I lost them all. So I never started one again.
Now when I saw these they looked really cute and I got one at Michaels with my 40% off coupon of course.  Its in top of my craft table untouched right now.  I keep looking at it and can't decide what to use it for.   I have thought of writing about my everyday life and changed my mind because my life lately is mundane.  What to make for dinner, when will I clean house and how am I going to bring in all the goodies a bought at M's without hubby seeing it?  Its hidden in my car hehehe..... So then I decided on writing about my creations ideas (scrapbooking), I figured that would not work because I have notebooks more then one all over the house with those ideas and I never look in them once I write in them.   So now I am considering using it as a faith book, and I sit here and I am ready to write and nothing comes out.   Don't get me wrong I have lots of faith in God and Jesus but its all in my heart.  So my Smash book is back on my craft table unused.....Until next idea that pops up.....Hopefully before I grow senile and forget the past, present and future....


8 comments:

Asphodel said...

I say leave it until it reveals itself to you ;)

Amanda Muir said...

You can do what I've made my own smash journal to do: write quotes! I see or hear so many good quotes that I wish I could remember for later use (in scrapbooks, stories/poems I write, or to frame as office/home decorations) so I finally just made my own smashbook to keep them all :-)

Nichole Koch said...

I like the idea of a faithbook! You could always try reading a few bible verses every day and then writing in it what they mean to you. I used to keep a journal in high school, but then my sister and her friends read it and I haven't kept one since, although I used to have a book on my nightstand to write about things that happened at work, like the funniest, worst, and most unusual things we'd see in the ED.

Holly Young said...

I just started one myself,,so far, I've cut out pics in magazines I love,,,,,,and put in the little notes and cards my DD has made for me,,,,,,,the great thing about smash books is they can be anything you want them to be,,,,,,,and ALL of it,,,,,so do it all!!! just SMASH it all in there!

thank you for the lovely comment on my blog,,,,,,I list all the dies I used from the bottom up in the post!

Victoria said...

Siempre he tenido un diario hasta que me casé..
En én contaba las cosas que creia que eran importantes en mi vida
Espero que tu cuentes y escribas por muchos años hasta llenarlo amiga mia
Besitos mi niña

Ursula Schneider said...

I haven't figured out a use for mine either. One was going to be a travel journal but I've gotten nowhere with that project. Eek!

Chris said...

Hi Martica, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Well My book on my cover and inside where you commented the cover. I call that my smash Mini book. I have everything in it but the kitchen sink for my sister in-law. I have quotes in it. Personal thoughts to her. Tags. So I am sure I will be seeing something all together different then mine.At first I thought it was a box for the book to go inside. I have seen those. Did you not make one? You know all us crafters are unique. If not we would be a boring lot. Bring it on girl.it will look Jazzy I can believe. Thanks for coments on my page. Love ya girly across the land from Canada.