This blog is not really a tutorial blog. I create without a method. It is a blog to inspire you to create beautiful things. Hope it will. When visiting please leave a comment It would be appreciated...

The Olde Curiosity Shoppe Curio

This is my 1st creation for the year 2013 thanks to Graphic 45.   I bought the wood curio at Hobby Lobby about a month ago, had no idea how I was going to alter it.  At first I painted it in pink then I changed my mind and painted over it in a brown tone.  I then pulled out my Graphic 45 paper and did this.   The fun part was finding all the goodies that I filled it up with.   For those that asked I added some info of where I got some of my goodies inside curio below each picture.





Isn't he cute?  He was a soft creme color and I stained it with an ink pad and I made a small hole and took out his eye and added a button (believe me it hurt me more then him hehehe). 


Keys I found in an antique store a couple of months ago, just like the lace doilie.
The large bottle has eye balls in it.  The other bottles are filled with seashells, glitter and a butterfly. 

The pocket watch is non functional I purchased it through Etsy about a year ago.

The skeleton I purchased at a Dollar Tree about 2 years ago.

The bike I purchased in Etsy and the clock does work. 

Some of my small charms like the mask and binoculars I found in Ebay. 


The mini book I found in a party supply store, they came 4 in a pack, they are used as party favors
it is "Harry Potter". 
 The moon Brooch is from my neighborhood Goodwill Store.  The beads are from Michaels


The small bottles are from Tim Holtz and I also found packs of 10 in Ebay.



Awww my teddy is my fave here, I found it in Ebay and I stained it and added a button for an eye. I wanted it to look old.




3 comments:

johala said...

Fantastic! I love it! Congratulations.
Hugs and kisses

anita nay said...

I love your cabinet. It is awesome! can you tell us where you got all of your trinkets? I would love to know especially where you got the bike. Thanks so much for sharing your design with us. Anita

Celestina Marie said...

WOW this is fabulous. Love all the details. So many special treasures. Your placement of everything inside is wonderful.
Hugs, Celestina Marie