This blog is not really a tutorial blog. I create without a method. It is a blog to inspire you to create beautiful things. Hope it will. When visiting please leave a comment It would be appreciated...

Olde Curiosity Shoppe Shadowbox (Can)

This project I have had on my mind for a few months but never got around to attempting it.   Well I finally got all my goodies out and did it.   I love shadowboxes of any shape, so I decided to use my Graphic 45 paper collection and went to it.  It took me 3 days just because I had to plan and figure out how to do it.   When I sleep on it I usually figure things out.  In this case how to make a store window, how to incorporate the lighting and put shelves inside can etc.... Almost everything was new to me.  But I really enjoyed it.  I love to go out of the box when I create (no punt intended). I wanted a cylinder shape box and at first I was going to use a wine tube, but it was the width was to small so a paint can shape was perfect.
Here is the can .  The lid I had to replace with a metal one because when I tried making a hole in the center it cracked.

I made a opening with a blade, it was not easy.


Completed

Outside view

Outside view

Peek thru window

Shelves


Inside

Notice shelves and little glass bottles

Inside

Window/Door opened

Window has acetate paper to make it look like glasses

light fixture in background Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Latern

Battery pack

Under the small box is where the battery pack is hidden.

 

No comments: